Ashoka earned a MS in Computer Science from New Jersey Institute of Technology. He is currently the President of iCST, an IT Company, and has been in the field of IT for over 20 years. Prior to this, he served several Fortune 500 Companies including IBM and The Vanguard Group of Investments. Ashoka has earned several awards and honors of excellence.
- Maine Governor’s Award for Business Excellence, iCST (2001)
- Maine’s Minority Business-Person of the Year by US Small Business Administration (1998) and #2 Small Business Person of the Year (2000)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) by Project Management International
- Led several software projects successfully at companies including IBM, the Vanguard Group of Investments, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and Armstrong World Industries
- Authored many articles that have been featured in the Portland Press Herald and Center for Creative Leadership (CCL)
- Trained on leadership at Bowdoin College at Bowdoin by the US Senator Angus King, Center for Creative Leadership, the Outward-Bound School, Dale Carnegie Institute, and Institute for Civic Leadership
- Served on the boards of Maine Software Developers Association (MESDA) and the United Way of Greater Portland